Membership Eligibility Requirements
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order for a practitioner to be eligible for MTAA membership:
The applicant must have, at minimum, a 2 year / 2,200 hour Diploma in Massage Therapy, as well as both 1st and 2nd year transcripts as approved by the Board of Directors and meets all membership requirements outlined OR who has been deemed as Substantially Equivalent to a 2 year / 2,200 hour graduate through the Association Substantial Equivalency process and is able to meet all membership requirements as follows:
- Have supplied a copy of current Standard First Aid and Level “C” (or higher) CPR Certificates; and
- Have supplied a copy of a Criminal Records Check, inclusive of the Vulnerable Persons Sector completed within 90 days of the application completed at your local police detachment (note: third-party online versions not accepted); and
- Have supplied a copy of Canadian Government-issued photo identification; and
- Have supplied a copy of proof of eligibility to work in Canada if not a Canadian Citizen (ie: work visa); and
- Have demonstrated English language fluency by:
Submission of a high school or post-secondary transcript; or
Proof of successful completion of a standardized language evaluation.
- If the applicant is, or has been a member of a Regulatory College or another professional association as a Massage Therapist, a letter of Good Standing or a letter of Membership Confirmation is also required to be submitted.
MTAA Active Membership dues include both Professional & General Liability Insurance
All Active members also have access to exclusive member discount programs such as: home and auto Insurance program, fitness club memberships, health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, mortgages, the MTAA credit and debit card processing program, and other member benefit programs.