Established in 1953, the Massage Therapist Association of Alberta (MTAA) is one of the oldest massage therapist associations in the country.
The MTAA is…
focused solely on the Massage Therapy profession, right here in Alberta.
- The MTAA has been actively approaching the Alberta Government for well over a decade, requesting that massage therapy be regulated with the other Health Professions, ensuring an absolute agency of public accountability.
- The MTAA is an active contributor to the Transitional Council for the College of Massage Therapists of Alberta.
The MTAA supports higher standards of Massage Therapy practice.
- MTAA members are required to adhere to established Standards of Practice and a Code of Ethics.
- MTAA members are required to remain current in practice by continually and actively demonstrating their commitment to ongoing professional development.
The MTAA is a recognized leader in the profession.
- Other health professions and all health benefits insurers across the country, including Blue Cross and Veterans Affairs (VA), acknowledge MTAA’s high standards - our active members enjoy the benefit of universal recognition amongst third party payers.
The MTAA is committed to its members.
- The MTAA believes that comprehensive Insurance coverage for our practicing members is essential. Included in membership costs is one of the most extensive Professional Liability and General Liability Insurance policies available in the profession.
- The MTAA provides up to date information to Health Benefits payers/insurers outlining how high standards of practice set us apart.
- Different membership levels are in place to offer options to those members who choose not to be actively practicing for a period of time, due to travel or maternity leaves.
- Programs to offer members cost saving and higher service are being continually developed, including the Supported Educational Opportunity and Affinity programs.